Exfoliating works wonders for our skin’s health by removing dead skin cells and impurities and allowing it to breathe. It is an essential and unmissable part of any skincare routine, as well as our scalp and hair. Yes, our scalp should be exfoliated as well, and it is an important hair care step that you should not skip. And if you’re wondering how to exfoliate your scalp, the answer is hair scrubs. Also Read 5 Winter Skin Care Tips to Include in Your Beauty Routine
What exactly is a hair scrub?
A hair scrub, like a body or face scrub, exfoliates your scalp and serves as a quick shower add-on before shampoo and conditioner. Hair scrubs are formulated with either chemical exfoliators (AHAs and BHAs), physical exfoliators (walnut shell granules, castor beads, coffee, sugar), or both, as well as other nourishing ingredients, to promote scalp health and hair growth. Let’s find out how!
How do you apply a hair scrub?
You should exfoliate your hair once or twice a week, depending on how frequently you shampoo and how much styling product you use. To exfoliate your scalp, follow these steps:
1. Thoroughly wet your hair and part it into sections.
- Advertisement -
2. Apply the scrub generously to the scalp and massage for a few minutes in gentle circular motions with your fingertips or a massaging brush. You should not use your nails.
3. Thoroughly rinse with water, then apply a mild shampoo and conditioner.
4. For a chemical exfoliant, simply apply it to a wet scalp and leave it on for 10-15 minutes. Rinse it with water and shampoo.
The best hair scrubs to help you up your hair care game
- Professional Oil Ultime Lotus Flower Oil-in-Scrub by Schwarzkopf
- The Inkey Index Glycolic Acid Scalp Exfoliating Scrub
- OUAI Body & Scalp Scrub m
- Scalp Caffeine Coffee Scrub
- Plum Scalp Tea Tree Buildup Control Scrub\sFlawsome Exfoliating Hair Mask with a Dense Texture
- The Briogeo Scalp Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo with Charcoal and Coconut Oil Revival
- Scalp Spa Scrub by Kevin Murphy
- Exfoliating Hair and Scalp Complex Earth Rhythm
- Christophe Robin Scalp Purifying Sea Salt Dot & Key Scrub Exfoliation with AHA dp Apple Cider Hair and
- Scalp Scrub HUE Scalp Scrub with Apple Cider Vinegar
The Advantages of Using a Hair Scrub
Scrubbing your scalp removes build-up, flakes, grime, and excess oil, as well as decongests clogged hair follicles. As a result, the scalp and hair from the roots to the tips are happy and healthy. Using a hair scrub removes dandruff and is especially beneficial for people with dry or oily scalps. A hair scrub comes in handy when a shampoo fails to thoroughly cleanse your scalp.
Stay tuned at InterviewerPR.com for more haircare related articles