For Indians, Diwali is the biggest and most important festival of the year. A time for lights, love, family, and celebrations. The day is dedicated to ‘good over evil’. With all due happiness and joy, we meet family and friends and enjoy the day with loads of good food.
It’s a bit (if not a lot) different from our usual everyday food. The health freak in you might want to detox after a long festive week of celebrations with tasty food. Go ahead and indulge in healthy foods like garlic, ginger, green tea, fruits and get your fitness routine back on track.
So, here is the list of healthy habits to include in your detox days post-Diwali:
- At-home Detox Juices: Detox juices help immensely in cleansing toxins from your body. Some of the recipes are chop white portion in coconut and add it to coconut water. Add a few mint leaves, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, and honey. Blend all the ingredients together and mix well. Another recipe is to take a glass of lukewarm water, add beetroot powder (or fresh beetroot juice). Add half a lemon, 1 teaspoon pink salt, and 2-3 drops of ginger syrup. You are good to go!
- Eat less sugar: On Diwali, it is almost impossible to not eat sweets and fried food. Therefore, post-Diwali it becomes necessary to reduce the intake of sugary and oily foods. You should completely avoid bread, chocolates, refined sugar for a few days. Have natural sweeteners like fruits as they are rich in fiber.
- Yoga and Exercise: While detoxifying, only eating or drinking the right foods is not necessary. You should also exercise. Every morning, you should start your day with yoga and breathing exercises.
- High Fiber Foods: For the days post-Diwali, you should include high-fiber foods like pulses, moringa leaves, cucumber, nuts, and bananas in your diet.
- Eating on time: Timing your food is as important as what you are eating. According to nutritionists, you should have dinner 4-5 hours post-lunch. Eat your dinner at least 4 hours before your bedtime. That is the ideal time to eat your dinner.
- Proper Sleep: When you sleep on time, it can decrease your chances to eat unhealthy foods at random hours. Therefore, it is advisable to maintain a proper sleeping schedule so that your chances of binge-eating on snacks reduce. Also, quality sleep improves weight management by managing hormones. Sleeping rejuvenates your body and mind.
- Advertisement -