PM Modi was targetted by Sanjay Raut, the head of the Shiv Sena (Uddhav Thackeray group), who was in interrogation on Saturday. Whether the 2019 Pulwama assault was intentional by the Centre in order to win the Lok Sabha elections, according to The Hindu.
Satya Pal Malik, a former governor of Jammu and Kashmir, stated on Friday that Prime Minister Narendra Modi instructed him not to speak about mistakes. Mistakes that resulted in the terror attack in 2019. Several leaders of the opposition are now throwing some serious questions.
In the Pulwama area of Jammu and Kashmir on February 14, 2019. A suicide bomber’s vehicle carrying explosives collided with a bus carrying members of the CRPF, killing 40 of them. Jaish-e-Mohammed, a terrorist organization based in Pakistan, took credit for the attack.
- Advertisement -
Malik said in the interview on Friday that the Central Reserve Police Force and the Union Home ministry. Which Rajnath Singh then led, were incompetent and careless in handling the attack.
Modi government called the opposition ‘Traitors’ when asked about the terror attack
While on Saturday, Raut said that numerous opposition leaders had expressed concerns. About the incident occurring just a few months before the Lok Sabha elections in 2019. He continued by saying that the Opposition had been labeled traitors. At the time and accused of advocating for Pakistan. According to Raut,
At the time, people were aware that certain India-Pakistan incidents would be fabricated for political purposes. Was the terrorist attack intended to sway votes? Was the deliberate killing of 40 Jawans for political reasons planned? We [the Opposition] had regularly sought to raise these issues at the time, but the ruling party had hushed us and called us traitors.
Malik was asked to keep quiet by PM Modi
Malik had asserted on Friday that the CRPF had requested planes from the government to transport its members because “such a big convoy does not travel by road.” Over 2,500 people were being transported in 78 cars in convoy. While according to the previous governor,
They only needed five aircraft, but these were not provided to them. I informed the prime minister that evening that this [the attack] occurred due to our error. This would not have happened if we had given them aeroplanes. But he requested that I keep quiet about it.
In an extraordinarily revealing interview with Karan Thapar, Satyapal Malik says that the CRPF had asked for aircrafts ahead of the Pulwama tragedy, and the request was denied by the Union govt.
Full interview here: https://t.co/47ENX7WzM2 pic.twitter.com/7vISmPFGtz
— The Wire (@thewire_in) April 14, 2023
Why hasn’t the central government responded yet
Bhupesh Baghel, a congressman and the chief minister of Chhattisgarh, reportedly said on Saturday that the Centre must respond to Malik’s allegations. According to Baghel, the security of the country and the deaths of jawans are connected. if the then-governor made such assertions and accusations, “The Centre must respond.”
While Malik’s claims concerned former Union minister and Congress member Manish Tewari.
If the Former Hon’ble Governor is true, it is, to put it mildly, quite unsettling. The results will be disastrous on a global scale.
I watched Former Jammu & Kashmir Governor @SatyapalMalik6 conversation very carefully with @KaranThapar_TTP .
If what the Former Hon’ble Governor is saying is correct it is very very disturbing to say the least. It will play out very badly in the international arena. https://t.co/A9ORdWr1tc
— Manish Tewari (@ManishTewari) April 14, 2023