Though combing hair seems like a menial everyday task, it is possible to get it wrong too. Shocking revelation! But experts suggest that many people aren’t brushing their hair in the right way.
Benefits of Combing Your Hair
We comb our hair to have tangle-free hair. Combing your hair has many benefits apart from detangled hair. Some of the benefits of brushing hair are listed below:
- Improves Blood Circulation: Brushing one’s hair helps in improving circulation in the scalp.
- Shinier and healthier hair: As sebaceous glands located in the hair follicles produce natural oils that help lubricate the scalp. When one brushes their hair properly, it helps in distributing these natural, healthy oils, from the roots of the hair to the ends. It helps in giving the hair a natural shine.
- Scalp stimulation: When you are brushing the hair gently, it is like a mini massage. It helps in stimulating the scalp which encourages blood flow and as a result hair growth.
- Removal of Loose Hair: Our hair has loose strands, however, it is normal to lose 50 to 100 strands of hair in a day. When one brushes their hair, it helps in removing the loose hair.
- It also prevents Unnecessary Hair Breakage.
- Bounce in the Hair: It keeps the volume and bounce intact and makes your hair look healthier.
How many times should you comb your hair?
Combing your hair has many benefits. But combing too much of it isn’t good either as it could lead to hair breakage. However, the frequency of hair combing depends on the texture and length of the hair. Some experts suggest that we should comb twice a day. Once in the morning and once before sleeping.
Brushing your hair seems as ordinary as putting on a dress, but there is a right way and a wrong way to do it. Sometimes, over-brushing your hair can cause damage to your hair. Either using a plastic hairbrush or brushing too frequently can be harmful. So do not comb your hair vigorously.