The tension between India And China is not calming down anytime soon. In a very recent update ,it looks like our neighboring country is not ready to settle down the war. A very recent round of talks between Indian and Chinese military commanders over the standoff in Ladakh broke down on Sunday, the Indian Army said, adding that that the Chinese side was not “agreeable” and “could not provide any forward-looking proposals”.
In the talk Indian side tried to made it very clear what they want but it looked like China is not ready to agree with India. And want to continue the war. The proposal did not moved anymore forward and thus the meeting purpose was not fulfilled.
“The two sides have agreed to maintain communications and also to maintain stability on the ground. It is our expectation that the Chinese side will take into account the overall perspective of bilateral relations and will work towards early resolution of the remaining issues while fully abiding by bilateral agreements and protocols,” An Army said.
China also indicated the talk had failed and didn’t fulfilled the purpose it was supposed to do. “India insists on unreasonable and unrealistic demands, adding difficulties to the negotiations”. says Chinese military’s Western Theater Command. The further stated saying China has made “tremendous efforts to ease and cool down the border situation and fully demonstrated its sincerity”.
Last year there was a deadly battle in the month of June at Galwan river in Ladakh. India had pressed for an early disengagement of troops in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh at the 13th round of military talks with China that lasted for around eight-and-half hours on Sunday.
A major focus of the Corps Commander-level talks on the Chinese side of the Chushul-Moldo border point in eastern Ladakh . And was to complete the stalled disengagement at Hot Springs area. Known as Patrolling Point 15 (PP-15), news agency PTI reported.
The meeting which started at 10;30 am and it ended by 7 pm probably people were expecting good results. It took place 2 months after the last round of negotiations that resulted in the disengagement of troops from Gogra (Patrol Point-17A). The resolution in Gogra had marked India and China backing down in four of the six flashpoints. The others being Galwan and North and South banks of the Pangong Lake. The standoffs in Depsang and Hot Springs continue.
India has been insisting that the resolution of outstanding issues in all friction points. Including in Depsang is essential for an overall improvement in ties between the two countries.
Also the tension which happened last year doesn’t look like it’s gonna calm down anytime sooner. The two neighboring , with a very high population. Doesn’t look like any side is ready to compromise this time.
Each side currently has around 50,000 to 60,000 troops along the Line of Actual Control or LAC in the sensitive sector.
The latest talks took place in the backdrop of two recent incidents of attempted transgressions. By the Chinese troops – one in the Barahoti sector of Uttarakhand and another in the Tawang sector in Arunachal Pradesh.
On Saturday, Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane had said if the Chinese military continues with its large-scale deployment. In the eastern Ladakh region, then the Indian Army too will maintain its strength. On its side which he said is “as good as what the PLA has done.”