If EPFO account holders want to take advantage of the advance feature, they can make a claim through the EPFO website. Apart from this, you can also apply for advance amount through UMANG app
Corona pandemic spread across the world (Corona PandemicSince then, everyone is struggling with problems related to the economy. However, the Omicron variant (Omicron Variant) is considered less dangerous but the government is still warning everyone to be safe. In this regard the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has started a new facility for the people. According to this, employees have been given permission to withdraw double the amount if they are affected by corona and in case of medical emergency. Keeping in view the need in emergency, you can now withdraw up to Rs 1 lakh from your provident fund on a current basis.
The government had issued a circular on June 1, 2021 that if you EPFO If you want to withdraw money from the fund for medical emergency, then you can easily withdraw up to Rs 1 lakh.
What is necessary to withdraw money from EPF account?
If EPFO account holders want to take advantage of the advance feature, they can make a claim through the EPFO website. Apart from this, you can also apply for advance amount from your PF account through UMANG app. To withdraw money from EPF account online, you must have an active Universal Account Number (UAN). Apart from this, the mobile number linked to Aadhaar should be active. Aadhaar, PAN and other bank details must be verified. First of all you have to register on UMANG app. Here’s how you can do it…
- Advertisement -
Download the UMANG app from the Google Play Store or Apple Play Store, depending on your device.
- Open the app and select “New User”.
- On the ‘Registration’ screen, enter your mobile number and select ‘Proceed’. After that, the mobile number verification page will appear.
- Enter the OTP and then proceed to set the MPIN. After typing the MPIN, click on ‘Confirm MPIN’.
- Select ‘Proceed’, answer the security questions and proceed.
- If you wish to link, enter your Aadhaar number or click on ‘Skip’ on ‘Profile Information Screen’. Here you have to enter your profile information and click on ‘Save and Proceed’.
- After this the registration process will be completed and you will be redirected to the home screen.
- After that, you will log in to the app using your Aadhaar number.
- The information will be used for e-KYC.
- After creating the profile, the UMANG profile will automatically copy the Aadhaar information.
how to withdraw money from umang app
- To use the service of the mobile app, open the app on your phone and log in.
- Select ‘All Services’ from the drop-down menu.
- Now search ‘EPFO’.
- Select the ‘Raise Claim’ option from the drop-down menu.
- You have to enter your EPF UAN number to generate OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- Now select the type of withdrawal and fill the form completely.
- After submitting the request correctly, you will get a receipt or claim reference number.
- You can use the reference number to track the status of your withdrawal request.
- This app can also be used for pension withdrawal, COVID-19 advance and access to employee passbook.
- Members can also request for scheme certificate, UAN activation and allotment.