Almonds are the most nutritious nuts ever! Do you want to know why? Well, the number of overall nutrients that almonds provide is greater than any other nut. And, that is why it comes in the category of superfoods. Almonds are versatile in nature. You can have them in whatever way you like, Roasted, Soaked, honey Bar, or Almond biscuits. There are many ways to have these delish nuts. Not only it’s healthy they offer a great taste as well.
Health Benefits of Almonds
Almonds are packed with loads of nutrients, fiber, and monosaturated fats. Even Ayurveda ( the most ancient branch of Indian medicine) says that it offers a broad range of health benefits to individuals. A few of the benefits are listed below, check them out:
- One should consume sweet almonds ( and not bitter ones)
- Almonds lubricate and moisturize the skin
- They are high in anti-oxidants
- It reduces bad cholesterol(LDL)
- It is the best source of Vitamin-E
- Helps in Weight Loss
- Ensures Good Bone Health
- It lowers the risk of heart diseases and diabetes
But did you know that the healthiest way to have it is to eat them after soaking and peeling?
Why Soaked & Peeled Almonds are Beneficial?
Scientifically speaking, Almonds are naturally coated with enzyme inhibitors. These enzyme inhibitors prevent the almonds from growing into almond trees until they get really wet. However, these enzyme inhibitors present in the almonds also prevent enzymes in the human digestive tract from working. This makes it difficult to digest almonds. Therefore, eating almonds without soaking is bad for digestion.
One should soak almonds for at least 8 hours before consuming them. Throw the water in which you soaked it and peel the almonds. It makes the almonds safe to eat and easy to digest as well.
To sum up the various benefits of soaked and peeled almonds. Here’s the list:
- When you soak it, the absorption of their nutrients gets better. It also removes the impurities from the almonds.
- Soaked almonds improve digestibility. As we know, anything that is soaked makes the digestion process easier as it is softer to break down.
- Soaking the almonds also multiplies the number of anti-oxidants present.
- Zinc and Iron get properly absorbed by the body. When you eat unsoaked, due to the presence of certain chemicals the nutrients like zinc and iron do not get absorbed. Whereas soaked almonds help in the assimilation of these nutrients into the human body.
Therefore, one can have 10 almonds daily. Without a doubt, soak your almonds and peel the skin off to get the best of this superfood. Enjoy the goodness of this nut and also the immense health benefits that it offers!