Top 3 Martial Artists List 2021
- Bruce Lee: Bruce Lee is at the top of the list. Lee Jun-fan was born on November 27, 1940, in San Francisco’s Chinatown. He died on July 20, 1973, at the age of 32 from cerebral edema. Commonly known as Bruce Lee, he was a Chinese-American martial artist, actor, director, martial arts instructor, and philosopher. He was the founder of Jeet Kune Do. It is credited with paving the way for modern mixed martial arts (MMA). He is considered one of the most influential martial artists of all time. He was a pop culture icon of the 20th century. His talent has changed the way people perceived Asians and even helped in changing the representation of Asians in Western movies.
- Jackie Chan: Jackie Chan is in the second position on the list. Chan Kong-sang was born on 7 April 1954 in Hong Kong. Professionally, he is known as Jackie Chan. He is a Hong Kong actor and martial artist known for his slapstick acrobatic fighting style, comic timing, and innovative stunts. Jackie typically performs all the stunts by himself. Trained in Wushu and Hapkido, he has been acting since the 1960s. He has performed in more than 150 films and is one of the most popular action film stars of all time.
- Vidyut Jamwal: Indian actor Vidyut Jammal holds the 3rd position on the list. Vidyut Jammwal was born on 10 December 1980 in Jammu. He is an Indian film actor and stunt performer. Majorly, he works in Hindi action films. Vidyut is best known for his roles in action films like the Commando series. He is a trained martial artist and has studied the art of kalarippayattu since the age of three. In 2018, he was declared among the top 6 martial artists around the world. However, he has grabbed the top 3 positions in the list now in 2021.
Other 7 in the Top 10 List
- Jet Li: In the 4th position is Li Lianjie. He was born on 26 April 1963 in Bejing. Commonly known by his stage name Jet Li, he is a Chinese-born Singaporean film actor, film producer, martial artist, and retired Wushu champion. He made his debut with the film Shaolin Temple (1982) in China.Jet Li has starred in many critically acclaimed martial arts films.
- Steven Seagal: Steven was born on 10th April 1952 in Michigan. He is an American actor, producer, screenwriter, and martial artist. In Japan, he has been a martial arts instructor. He has also been credited as the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in the country.
- Wesley Snipes: Wesley Trent Snipes was born on July 31, 1962. He is an American actor, film producer, and martial artist. When he was just 12 years old, he began training in martial arts. His most iconic roles have been Marvel Comics character Blade in the Blade film trilogy.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme: Jean-Claude Camille François Van Varenberg was born 18 October 1960. Professionally, he is called Jean-Claude Van Damme and JCVD. He is a Belgian actor, filmmaker, fight choreographer, and retired martial artist. He is best known for his martial arts action films.
- Donnie Yen: Donnie Yen Ji-dan was born on 27 July 1963. He is a Hong Kong Chinese actor, martial artist, film director, producer, action choreographer, stuntman, and multiple-time world wushu tournament champion. He is one of Hong Kong’s top action stars and one of the highest paid actors in Asia.
- Tony Jaa: Tatchakorn Yeerum was born on 5 February 1976. He is better known internationally as Tony Jaa and in Thailand as Jaa Phanom. He is a Thai martial artist, actor, action choreographer, stuntman, director, traceur. Tony was a former Buddhist monk.
- Johnny Trí Nguyễn: He is a Vietnamese–American action choreographer, film actor, martial artist, and stuntman. However, he is mainly active in the Vietnamese film industry. After competing as a martial artist on the U.S. national team, he transitioned into a career as a stuntman in Hollywood. He has worked on films such as Spider-Man 2 and Jarhead.