Thirumanancheri is a very famous for its Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple located in Tamil Nadu. The history of the temple forms a solid foundation of the faith among its devotees who are predominantly unmarried individuals. Thirumanancheri temple is famous for its marriage pooja procedure and couples usually visit the temple once their parents’ marriage wish is fulfilled. Thirumanancheri temple timings, Thirumanancheri marriage Malai pooja procedure is shared exclusively in this post.
Thirumanancheri Temple History: Significance for Marriage Blessing
The temple gained its significance as a famous destination for marriage blessing as Lord Siva married Parvati as Thirumanancheri. Goddess Parvati wanted to get married on planet Earth. Goddess Parvathi took the cow avatar and lived at Komal while Lord Vishnu took the cowherd avatar for his beloved sister, Parvathi. Lord Shiva is termed as ‘Sonavaararivaar’ for keeping up his promise to his wife. The river Cauvery also has a role to play in the history of Thirumanancheri. Goddess Parvathi took bath in the Kaveri river and lived in the Bharati Muni sage’s ashram. It was Bharatha Muni who asked Lord Siva to marry Goddess Parvati.
Thirumanancheri Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple was constructed during the Chola dynasty rule by Queen Sembiyanmadevi.
Thirumanancheri Temple Timings and Auspicious Time to Visit Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple
There is no significance of Rahu Kalam, Yema Gandam, Ashtami and Navami for Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple. Devotees can visit the time at any time it is open.
- Advertisement -
This temple was built by the Queen Sembiyanmadevi from Chola Dynasty. Devotees can offers prayers anytime as ‘Raghu Kalam’, Emagandam, Ashtami and Navami thithi is not applicable at this temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple is open between 6:30 am to 1:30 pm in the morning. Thirumanancheri Temple is open between 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm in the evening.
Thirumanancheri Temple Ashtothram and Sahasranama Archana Timings: 6:30 AM – 8:30PM
Thirumanancheri Temple Pooja for Marriage Blessing
The required materials for the Malai Puja can be procured from the shops outside Thirumanancheri Temple. The required items for the pooja include:
- Flower Garlands– 2,
- Coconut – 2,
- Turmeric (Haldi),
- Sandal Poweder
- Betel leaf
- Betel Nut
Thirumanancheri Temple Malai Pooja Procedure (Wedding Pooja – Kalyana Varam)
Devotees who are making a trip to Thirumanancheri Temple for delay in wedding or fulfilling their wish to get married can follow the below procedure to perform Malai puja:
- Purchase the items mentioned in the pooja list.
- Seek the blessings of Sri Selva Ganapathy after entering the temple and light five ghee deepams and sit in the hall for Marriage prayers.
- The priest will collect the pooja items and offer them to Sri Kalyana Sundareswar and Goddess Parvathi. Prasadam will be provided at the end of the pooja. The priest will offer lemon juice to the devotees yearning for marriage blessing.
- After the pooja is over, devotees can head back home and take head bath and drink lemon juice. Keep the garland given during the pooja safely. Devotees shall visit the temple once they get married and offer garlands to the temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Special Poojas List
Apart from the Malai puja, devotees can perform a range of other special pujas at the temple.
- For getting a child bless ‘Putra Bhagyam’, devotees offer milk kheer or ‘pal payasam’ on Mangala Raghu (Amavasai)
- Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple Thiru Kalyanam is conducted during the Tamil month of Chithirai.
Thirumanancheri Special Abhishekam is performed on the 1st day of every Tamil month and during Pradhosham.
Thirumanancheri Umamaheshwara Homam is peformed for Lord Siva (Kalyana Sundara) on Sankatahara Chaturthi.
- Ambal Abhishekam Cost – INR 500. Timings: 7:30 am – 8:30 am
- Brahmotsavam Cost – INR 180. Peformed during Chithirai Month ( Duration 2-3 months)
How to reach Thirumanancheri Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Tiruchirapalli – 113 Kms
- Kumbakonam is the nearest major railway station. Temple is 29 km away from Kumbakonam Railway station.
- From Chennai and Pondicherry, Bus goes via Cuddalore –> Chidambaram -> Mayiladuthurai –> Kuttalam -> Thirumanancheri.
- Direct Buses to Thirumanancheri are available from Kuttalam and Mayiladuthurai.
- Mini Buses are available from Kuttalam to Thirumanancheri.
Recommended Time to Visit Sri Kalyana Sundareswarar Temple: October to May is a good time to visit the temple.
Thirumanancheri Temple Darshan Entry Fee and Annadanam Timings
The Tirumanancheri Temple entry is free for all devotees during the specified opening hours. Annadanam is scheduled at noon for the first hundred devotees on a daily basis.
There is no online booking at Tirumanancheri Temple. Pooja, archana tickets can be purchased at the local temple counters.