“The Last Kingdom” season 4 is available on Netflix from Sunday, April 26, 2020 and although the streaming platform has not yet confirmed a second season of the British series, the last episodes left the way prepared for the return of Uhtred.
The historical drama based on the novel series “The Saxon Stories” by Bernard Cornwell, is set in the 9th century where what is now known as England were several independent kingdoms and follows Uhtred, the orphan son of a Saxon nobleman who is kidnapped by the Normans and raised as one of them. Thus, he is forced to choose between a kingdom that shares his ancestors and the people to whom he is loyal.
Although Netflix renews the fiction in the coming weeks, the production of the new installment would not begin until the current outbreak of coronavirus is controlled. Such a delay also means a later release date than expected.
What Will Happen In Season 5 Of “the Last Kingdom”?
At the end of the fourth season of ” The Last Kingdom ” a bloody confrontation between the Danes and the Saxons breaks out, but thanks to the intervention of Uhtred, Edward listens to Sigtrygrr’s proposal: the northern kingdom with its capital in Eoferwic in exchange of peace in the other three kingdoms, and a temporary peace is agreed upon.
Although Edward accepted the peace agreement, it is clear that he will not give up on his dream of uniting all the Anglican kingdoms. So he explains to Aethelflaed that Sigtrygrr has taught them that there are “other ways” to conquer a kingdom besides war.
Another thing that becomes clear at the end of the fourth installment is that the war is not over yet. There are many factors that could later disrupt the peace: Aethelm poisoned Aelswith to ensure that he did not become a threat to his grandson when Edward died, Brida survived and gave birth to Cnut’s son, Heston escaped before the battle It begins and Uhtred is left in the care of King Edward’s firstborn.
The fifth season of ” The Last Kingdom ” probably also includes a time jump, as well as a revenge of Uhtred, after failing to regain his ancestral home of Bebbanburg, which is now under the power of his first Whitgar.
Trailer Of Season 5 Of “the Last Kingdom”
The fifth season of ” The Last Kingdom ” does not yet have an official trailer, but these are some images of the first installment.
Actors And Characters Of “The Last Kingdom” 5
Although the cast members of the fifth installment have not been confirmed, it is likely that the main actors will return, and if a jump in time is confirmed, new actors will also be needed.
- Alexander Dreymon as Uhtred
- Emily Cox as Brida
- Harry McEntire as Aethelwold
- Ian Hart as Beocca
- Eliza Butterworth as Aelswith
- Eva Birthistle as Hild
- Jeppe Beck Laursen as Haesten
- Toby Regbo as Aethelred
- Millie Brady as Princess Aethelflaed
- James Northcote as Aldhelm
- Timothy Innes as Edward
- Production: Chrissy Skinns
- Executive Producer: Stephen Butchard, Nigel Marchant, Gareth Neame
- Direction: Peter Hoar, Anthony Byrne, Ben Chanan, Nick Murphy
- Script: Sophie Petzal
- Music: John Lunn
When Will “The Last Kingdom” Season 5 Release?
The fifth season of “ The Last Kingdom ” does not yet have a release date on Netflix, but it is likely that the new episodes will not reach the streaming platform until the end of 2021 or even in 2022, depending on how the coronavirus pandemic is handled.
Episodes Of Season 4 Of “The Last Kingdom”
- Episode 1. When attacks by the Scots undermine Bebbanburg’s defenses, Uhtred plans to regain what belongs to him by birth, but Eduardo refuses to help him.
- Episode 2. Uhtred and his men approach Bebbanburg, and the prodigal son Wihtgar returns with a few tricks up his sleeve. News reaches Wessex of Cnut’s betrayal.
- Episode 3. Uhtred suffers a cruel loss in his attack on Bebbanburg, but captures valuable hostages during his retreat south. Etelfleda prepares for war.
- Episode 4. Confident of being joined by Edward’s troops, Etelfleda and Uhtred allied with the Welsh to face Cnut’s overwhelming army at the Battle of Tettenhall.
- Episode 5. Repentant, Etelredo resists death while his nobles compete for control of Mercia; and Eduardo uses his niece Aelfwynn as a bargaining chip.
- Episode 6. Eardwulf and his men pursue Uhtred and his men as they flee through a disease-ridden field. Tension increases between Eduardo and the Mercios.
- Episode 7. Aelfwynn suffers from the disease that devastates the territory. Eduardo proposes a surprising forward route for Mercia. A relative of Cnut frees Brida.
- Episode 8. Uhtred suspiciously prepares to seize power in Mercia, but secretly devises another plan. Brida joins the Danes to attack the Welsh.
- Episode 9. Led by the traitor of Eardwulf, the Danes sack Winchester under Brida and Sigtryggr. Hasten ambushes Uhtred’s side and kidnaps important hostages.
- Episode 10. Edward besieges Winchester as he awaits reinforcements from Etelfleda, but Uhtred suspects that conquest is not Sigtryggr’s primary goal.