Uppalapati Venkata Suryanarayana Prabhas Raju (born 23 October 1979), known mononymously as Prabhas, is an Indian actor who works predominantly in Telugu cinema. One of the highest-paid actors of Indian cinema, Prabhas has featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list three times since 2015 based on his income and popularity. He has received seven Filmfare Awards South nominations and is a recipient of the Nandi Award and the SIIMA Award.
Prabhas Raju Uppalapati, popularly known as Prabhas, is a Tollywood actor and the nephew of Tollywood star and politician Krishnam Raju Uppalapati. Prabhas’s early movies, Eeshwar and Raghavendra, did not fare very well at the box office but he gained stardom with M.S. Raju’s film, Varsham, opposite Trisha Krishnan, in 2004. After the success of Varsham, Adavi Ramudu and Chakram did not live up to the expectations of Prabhas’s fans. However, in September 2005, he made a comeback with the phenomenal blockbuster, Chatrapathhi, opposite actress Shriya Saran.
Chatrapati was followed by unsuccessful films such as Pournami, Yogi, and Munna. Munna also starred Illeana opposite him. His Baahubali series made him one of the most popular faces in the Telugu film industry. He continues to have a large, loyal fan base among the Telugu people, especially among young women.
In 2015 he appeared as Shivudu/Mahendra Baahubali and Amarendra Baahubali in S.S. Rajamouli’s epic Baahubali: The Beginning which is the fourth-highest-grossing Indian film to date. Prabhas reprised his role in its sequel, Baahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017), which became the first Indian film ever to gross over ₹1,000 crores (US$155 million) in all languages in just ten days, and it is the second highest-grossing Indian film to date.
- Advertisement -
|School||DNR School, Bhimavaram
Sri Chaitanya College, Hyderabad, Telangana
|College||Details not available|
|Higher education||B. Tech|
Family and Many More
|Father||Uppalapati Surya Narayana Raju ( Film Producer)|
|Brother||Pramod Uppalapati (elder)|
|Sister||Pragathi ( elder )|
- Mahindra – Mahindra TUV300 car
- Celio – Clothing Retailer
- PayZapp by HDFC Bank
- Arctic Fox
- Monte Carlo
- Gionee India – brand Ambassador
- Eeswar ( Telegu Film)
- Raghavendra ( Telegu Film)
- Varsham ( Telegu Film)
- Baahubali: The Beginning – 2015
- Baahubali 2: The Conclusion -2017
- Saaho -2019
Awards & Achievements
- Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for Film Varsham in 2004
- Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for Film Chatrapathi in 2005
- Nandi Award for Best Actor for Film Mirchi in 2013
- Nominated – Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Telugu for both Bahubali 1 & 2
Net Worth, House & Cars
- Net Worth $15 million (approx)
- Monthly Salary /Yearly Income: Rs 10-12 Crore per Film & Rs 25 Crore per annum
- House Address: Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana -500033
- Cars: Rolls Royce Phantom, Jaguar XJ, BMW X5
- Favorite Food Biryani & South Indian Dishes
- Favourite Actor Robert De Niro, Shah Rukh Khan & Salman Khan
- Favorite Actress Raveena Tandon , Deepika Padukone , Jayasudha, Shriya Saran & Trisha Krishnan
- Favorite Color Black
- Favourite Hobbies Volleyball & reading books
- Favourite Destination London ( United Kingdom)
- Favorite Director Rajkumar Hirani
Prabhas started his movie career with Eeswar in 2002. In 2003, he was the lead in Raghavendra. 2004, he appeared in Varsham and Adavi Raamudu. In 2005, he appeared in Chakram and in the film Chatrapathi, directed by S. S. Rajamouli, in which he portrays the role of a refugee, exploited by goons. It had a 100-day run in 54 centres. Idlebrain.com stated that he had a unique style and macho charm in his screen presence.
Later he acted in Pournami, Yogi and Munna, an action-drama film that came out in 2007, followed by the action-comedy Bujjigadu in 2008. In 2009 his two films were Billa and Ek Niranjan. Indiaglitz called Billa stylish and visually rich.
In 2010 he appeared in the romantic comedy Darling. The film opened to positive reviews. The Times of India gave a two and a half star rating explaining “Director Karunakaran extracts good performances from his actors, but can’t come up with a refreshing plot. It looks like the director hasn’t really come out of his Tholi Prema hangover as he dishes out yet another one-sided love saga but fails to come up with a valid and logical reason to make a Gen Z lad hold back his feelings for his lover until the last moment.
However, he compensates it all, by adding loads of fun moments in the film and the screenplay does have its share of some touching moments.” In 2011, he appeared in Mr Perfect, another romantic comedy. The review site GreatAndhra rated the film with three stars and noted “The film comes across as a clean, family entertainer and the intention of the makers must be appreciated.
- Instagram: @actorprabhas