Navarasa series plot encompasses a wide spectrum of emotions that we experience and express throughout our lives, including love, fury, pity, courage, Compassion, fear, joy, and many others. Navarasa, a new Netflix film built on the same principle and showcasing nine human emotions, is the result.
On August 6th, the Tamil film is released as an anthology series that consists of nine episodes, each telling a different story. Every episode has a watch time of 30-35 minutes.
The show creators are the big names of the Tamil and even Hindi film industry – Maniratnam and Jayendra Panchapakeshan who have produced the series under their respective banners Madras Talkies and Qube Cinema Technologies.
Navarasa is directed by a bunch of talented and renowned persona such as Arvind Swamy, Bejoy Nambiar, Priyadarshan, Karthick Naren, Rathindran R. Prasad, Karthick Subbaraj, Vasanth, Gautam Vasudev Mennon, and Halitha Shameem.
The series has already caught eyeballs on the global level by getting featured on the Burj Khalifa celebrating the diversity and excellence of the Tamil Cinema.
The Navarasa Plot
Each episode in the series depicts the following nine emotions starting with:
- The first story is called Edhiri directed by Bejoy Nambiar starring Vijay Sethupathi, Prakashraj, Revathi, and Ashok Selvan. This episode depicts the Karuna-rasa that is Compassion.
- Second, in the series is the story of “Summer of ’92” depicting Hasya-rasa (Laughter). This episode is directed by Priyadarshan and enacted by Yogi Babu, Remya Nambeesan, Nedumudi Venu, and Manikuttan.
- The third episode represents the Adbhut rasa – the feeling of wonder. The story directed by Karthick Naren and enacted by Arvind Swamy, Vikki, Bobby Simha, and Sananth is named Project Agni.
- Next is Payasam representing the disgust among the human emotions. Vasanth has directed this episode and Delhi Ganesh, Rohini, and Aditi Balan have enacted in it
- Named Peace and self-describing the “rasa” it represents, the episode is directed by Karthik Subbaraj. He has got Atharvaa, Anjali, and Kishore as his top cast.
- Rowthiram represents the Rudra-rasa, the rage. This episode is directed by the very famous Aravind Swamy starring Rythvika, Sreeram, Abhinayasree, Ramesh Thilak, and Geetha Kailasam.
- The seventh segment is directed by Rathindran R. Prasad and is enacted by Siddharth and Parvathy Thiruvothu. The episode represents the emotion of fear- Bhaya rasa and is titled Inmai.
- Thunindha Pinn is the 8th episode of the series representing the Veer rasa (courage). The episode is directed by Sarjun KM. The star cast is the same as that of Peace.
- The series ends with the 9th and the most important human emotion – Love. “Guitar Kambi Mele Nindru” represents the Shringaar rasa depicting a beautiful love story of a musician. This episode is directed by Gautham Menon and the star cast consists of Suriya and Prayaga Martin.
All the episodes have been released and are available to watch only on Netflix.
Navarasa showcases the brilliant production qualities and screenplay. The buildup in each episode, engaging storylines, and the beautiful performances by the actors won’t let you bat an eye from your screens.
After watching it, you will keep humming the melody of Navarasa for days. Some stories stand out with their brilliant writing and the way they depict a particular emotion or rasa, whereas clarity in some could be improved. All in all, short watch time, top-notch acting, direction, and production of the series make Navarasa a full package of entertainment.