Narendra Modi is an Indian Politician. He rose to become one of the leader of BJP( Bhartiya Janta Party). He joined the party in 1985 and has been working for the party. After 3 years in 1988 the party elected him as the organizing secretary of Party’s Gujarat Unit. Later in November 1995 he was elected as the National Secretary of BJP. In 2001 3rd October he became the chief minister of Gujarat.
Narendra Modi was born in a small town in Gujarat. His full name is Narendra Damodardas Modi. He was born on September 1950 ,Vadnagar India .He joined the pro-Hindu Rastriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) organization in the early 1970s and set up a unit of the RSS students’ wing, the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad, in his area. Modi rose steadily in the RSS hierarchy, his association with the organization significantly benefited his subsequent political career.
|Father||Late Damodardas Mulchand Modi|
|Brother||Soma Modi, Amrut Modi , Prahlad Modi, Pankaj Modi|
|Wife||Jasodaben Chimanlal Modi|
|School||Higher Secondary School, Vadnagar, Gujarat|
Modi was always interested in politics and have always been active. As a result of which he became the prime minister in May 26 2014. Due to his vigorous campaign. In which Narendra Modi portrayed himself as the biggest pragmatic leader and that choosing him will solve all the problems the country is facing. His government embarked on several reforms, including campaigns to improve India’s transportation infrastructure and to liberalize rules on direct foreign investment in the country. In the mid of September he hosted a visit by Chinese
President Xi Jinping. This was the first time in 8 years that a Chinese President visited India. By the end of 2014 he was granted U.S visa and also went to New York to meet U.S President Barack Obama. But his political career is full of controversy. He is said to be promoting the Hindu rastra. The government also undertook various major to Bam the sale of cows for slaughter. Among all the these overnight demonetization and replacement of 500 -1000 notes also made the life of people difficult. The purpose was to stop “black money”(cash used for illicit activities) by making it difficult to exchange large sum of cash.
- Advertisement -
Lesser Known Facts
- He was born in a family of an oil-pressing community, which is considered as OBC (Other Backward Class) in India.
- As a kid he wanted to join Indian Army and also tried to get himself in a Sainik School. But due to financial reasons he couldn’t get admission.
- When he was 17 years old he left his house and travelled different parts of India.
- He also took 3 -month course in the United States on Image Management and Public Relations.
- Modi was a follower of Swami Vivekananda.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi is a Pure Vegetarian and prefers to eat simple meals.
- Also, he is a fitness enthusiast and has incorporated Yoga in daily routine.