Lionel Messi’s full name Luis Lionel Andres was born on June 24, 1987, in Rosario, Argentina. Messi started playing football at the tender age of 13. He was a soccer player at FC Barcelona and also played for his national team Argentina. Lionel Messi Net Worth is $600 Million.
Lionel Messi Biography
Messi had a keen interest in football since he was a kid. This football player always tagged along with his two brothers and was never intimated by bigger boys. He was visibly smaller than most of the boys of his age. Lionel was diagnosed by doctors as suffering from a hormone deficiency. At the age of 13, he was offered a chance to train at soccer powerhouse FC Barcelona’s, and all his medical bills were taken care of by the team.
- Father – Jorge Messi
- Mother – Celia Maria Cuccittini
- Brother – Matias Messi, Rodrigo Messi
- Sister – Maria Sol Messi
- Wife – Antonela Roccuzzo
- Children – Thiago Messi Roccuzzo , Ciro Messi Roccuzzo, Mateo Messi Roccuzzo
- Height – 5’7” in feet in inches
- Weight – 67 kg
- Hair Color – Black
- Eye Color – Black
Lionel Messi Personal life
Lionel married his best friend cousin and long-time girlfriend Antonela Roccuzzo. Both of them were together since childhood and Roccuzzo were always there for Messi throughout his struggling days to the day when he was successful. Messi actually met Rocuzzo in their hometown. They tied knots on June 30, 2017, and now they have 3 kids together. Thiago, born in November 2012, Mateo, born in September 2015, and Ciro, born in March 2018.
Lionel Messi Controversies
- In 2013 he was investigated for suspected tax evasion.
- In 2016 his name appeared in the Panama Papers Data Leak
Lionel Messi had developed a passion for sports at an early age and at the age of 4, he joined a football club and was trained by his father. He started playing football as a boy in 1995 joined the youth team of Newell’s Old Boys. At the age of 13, he was offered a chance to train at soccer powerhouse FC Barcelona’s and moved to Spain. 16 years old Messi made his first appearance for FC Barcelona, putting himself in the record on May 1, 2005. In the same year, he won the title in the under 20 World Cup for Argentina. The biggest turning point of his career was when he scored a hat-trick against Real Madrid and ended the match with a draw.
- he has won many titles like Championship League, La Liga, and Spanish Super Cup titles.
- He Took home his first FIFA ” World Player of the Year ” in 2009
- Lionel at the end of 2012, accumulated 91 goals in club and international play
- This renowned player, won FIFA Player of the year six times.
- Footballer – Pablo Aimar
- Food -Salad , Escalope Milanese
- Book – El Martin Fierro by Jorge Luis Borges
- Color – Red
- Film – Baby’s Day Out (1994)
Lesser Known Facts
- He had a passion for sports at an early age and joined a local football club at the age of 4
- Lionel was greatly influenced by his grandmother’s death as she always accompanied him for his training and whenever Messi scored a goal he always looks at the sky as a tribute to his grandmother.
- Messi was diagnosed with a growth hormone at the age of 10
- On 16 November 2003 made his first debut at the age of 16
If you are a big fan of Messi you can follow him on various social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter
Instagram – @leomessi
Twitter – @TeamMessi
Facebook – @LeoMessi