Kiku Sharda is an Indian comedian who hails from a Marwari business family. He was born in Jodhpur but was raised in Mumbai where he attended Don Bosco High School in Matunga. After completing his graduation from NM College, he did MBA from Chetana Institute of Management Studies and Research. After that, he joined his family business of Stockbroking and worked few years under his father becoming an actor.
He made his acting debut through the film titled Mitti where he went unnoticed. He first came to the limelight after playing the role of Kanji Bhai in Phir Hera Pheri in 2006. Since then, he has worked in various Bollywood films such as Darling, No Smoking, Race, Love Khichdi, Happy New Year, and Angrezi Medium among others.
Kiku Sharda Biography
He became a household name after playing the role of Hobo in the famous series Hatim. He then played various characters in The Great Indian Comedy Show and established himself as a comedian after that. He also participated as a contestant in the comedy show Kahani Comedy Circus Ki, and Comedy Circus Ke Ajoobe. Since, 2013, he has been a part of Comedy Nights With Kapil, and his performance as Bachcha Yadav has earned him various accolades. In the latest season, he is playing the role of a lawyer and his comic timing has been heavily praised by the critics.
Along with fame comes Kiku Sharda controversies. He was arrested in 2016 after he mimicked Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh 2016. In 2019, director Nitin Kulkarni named him along with other 6 actors in a money fraud case.
He was born to Amarnath Sharda and Reeta Sharda. He has three brothers named Sudarshan, Amit, and Siddharth Sharda. He is married to Priyanka Sharda and together the couple has 2 sons named Aryan Sharda and Shaurya Sharda.
Kiku Sharda Net Worth
Kiku Sharda’s net worth is estimated at around INR 30 crores. He lives with his family in Matunga in a lavish house. He owns 3 cars, Toyota Fortuner, Audi Q5, and BMW X5.
Kiku Sharda Unknown Facts
- From 2014 to 2016, Kiku Sharda portrayed the character of Akbar, the 3rd Mughal emperor, in the historical comedy television series, Har Mushkil Ka Hal Akbar Birbal, and this role won him the 2015 Indian Telly Award for “Best Actor in a Supporting Role”.
- As a voice artist, he provided vocals to the character of King Leonard Mudbeard in the Hindi dub of the 2019 computer-animated comedy film, The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- He landed in a controversy after he mimicked news anchor Arnab Goswami in 2019.
- He has an imposing physique but that has worked in his favor.
- He has also participated in dance shows Nach Baliye 6, and Jhalak Dikhla Jaa 7.