The show revolves around Gujarati homemaker Anupamaa, who is a devoted wife, mother and daughter-in-law. Also, she has a family-oriented and self-sacrificing nature. But time and again, she is humiliated for being a mere housewife and for having an incomplete degree and education.
Also, Anupamaa’s husband Vanraj has been having an affair with his colleague Kavya for the past eight years. So despite being warn by her best friend, Devika and Kavya’s husband. Also, Aniruddh refuses to believe it and expresses her faith in Vanraj. On her 25th Wedding Anniversary. But when Anupamaa sees Vanraj and Kavya share a romantic moment, she is left shatter.
Also, on recovering from it, she breaks ties with Vanraj and decides to live her life on her own terms. Also, Samar also breaks all ties with Vanraj after learning about the same. So Rakhi informs the Shahs about the affair leaving them shattered. Also, soon Paritosh and Kinjal get married while Samar and Nandini fall for each other after Samar comes to know about Nandini’s infertility.
Also, Anupamaa takes care of Vanraj’s health after he meets with an accident. So Vanraj develops a soft corner for Anupamaa. Also, he tries to express his feelings to her, but Anupamaa rebukes him for it. So, Anupamaa decides to start afresh and tells Vanraj that she wants a divorce. Also, Vanraj fears losing Anupamaa and his family and leaves the house. Anupamaa finds him in a wellness resort in Surat and confronts him.
Anupamaa gets diagnose with Ovarian cancer and asks Vanraj to sign the divorce papers. Later, Kavya and Aniruddh get divorce with Kavya preparing for her wedding with Vanraj. Vanraj goes missing on the wedding day and is confront by Anupamaa for lacking courage as well as commitment. Kavya and Vanraj marry. After getting successfully diagnose by emergency surgery. Hasmukh asks Anupamaa to continue staying with them as she will always remain a part of their family, to which she agrees.
- Anupama “Anu”(formerly Shah, née Joshi)- Rupali Ganguly
- Anuj “AK” Kapadia- Gaurav Khanna
- Vanraj Shah- Sudhanshu Pandey
- Kavya Shah(formerly Gandhi)- Madalsa Sharma
- Samar “Bakuda/Samu” Shah- Paras Kalnawa
- Nandini “Nandu” Iyer- Anagha Bhosale
- Kinjal “Kinju” Dave Shah- Nidhi Shah
- Paritosh “Toshu” Shah- Ashish Mehrotra
- Pakhi “Sweety” Shah- Muskaan Bamne
- Leela Shah aka Baa- Alpana Buch
- Hasmukh Shah aka Bapuji- Arvind Vaidya
- Jignesh aka Mamaji- Shekhar Shukla
- Gopichand “GK” Karodia- Deepak Gheewala
- Dolly Shah Patel- Ekta Saraiya
- Sanjay Patel- Paresh Bhatt
- Meenali “Meenu” Patel- Stuti Zakarde
- Devika Sharma- Jasveer Kaur
- Rakhi Dave- Tasneem Sheikh
- Pramod Dave- Farukh Saeed
- Kanta Joshi- Madhavi Gogate / Savita Prabhune
- Bhavesh Joshi- Mehul Nisar
Rupali Ganguly cast as the main lead Anupamaa. Returning to television after seven years. Paras Kalnawat, Muskaan Bamne, Aashish Mehrotra, Alpana Buch and Arvind Vaidya cast as Samar Shah. Pakhi Shah, Paritosh Shah, Leela Shah and Hasmukh Shah. Dolly Shah, Sanjay Patel, Meenali Patel, Bhavesh Joshi and Jhilmil.
However, days before the filming resume after the COVID-19 outbreak in late June. Additi Gupta got confirm to be infect with the virus. She got replace by Madalsa Sharma. And the sequences earlier shot by Gupta got reshot by Sharma. Days after premiering in July 2020, Shekhar Shukla got sign to play Jignesh.