Trying to lose weight?
Losing weight can seem like an immense task if you have been trying for a long time. Having the right amount of nutrients, a workout routine, and a healthy sleeping schedule- all of it is necessary to remain on track with a healthy body. Meanwhile, lifestyle choices can help you greatly, there are some of the foods that can help you in shedding those extra kilos easily.
According to nutritionists and health experts, anti-oxidants rich food are highly recommended for weight loss.
What are Anti-Oxidants?
Anti-oxidants are natural substances that reduce or prevents the risk of several diseases. It also delays some types of cell damage People who have a diet that is rich in antioxidants have been found to be healthier than those who don’t. Green vegetables, fruits, nuts are rich sources of antioxidants. Now the question might arise, how does anti-oxidants rich food aid in weight loss? The food rich in anti-oxidants has a lot of Fibre which makes us feel fuller for a prolonged period of time. According to several studies conducted on anti-oxidants, it has been proven that such foods give you the energy to push you to shed more weight.
5 Popular Anit-Oxidants Rich Food to Consume for Weight Loss
- Nuts: Nuts are an essential part of any diet. The number of nutrients that nuts provide is crucial in every day’s diet as well. For weight loss purposes, it prevents people from snacking on unhealthy junk items. That is why nuts are called ‘superfoods’.
- Green Tea: Tea is one of the most consumed beverages in the world. However, the difference between having the usual milk tea and green tea. Green Tea is known to promote fullness and increase fullness. Therefore, it helps in weight loss.
- Broccoli: This green vegetable is mostly consumed in salads. Broccoli is filled with a large amount of nutritious properties. It has Vitamin K, C, and dietary Fibre as well. An antioxidant named ‘sulforaphane’ is also present in broccoli. This antioxidant reduces the inflammation present in the body.
- Coffee: Coffee is often used by individuals focused on losing weight. As coffee is rich in caffeine, it acts as a stimulant that aids in losing weight. It boosts energy levels, mood, and metabolism.
- Dark Chocolate: Made up of cocoa, Dark Chocolate contains antioxidants such as ‘polyphenols’. They regulate the inflammation in the body and have a ‘heart-protective’ effect. Also, it increases good cholesterol levels (HDLs).
These are 5 most popular Anit-Oxidants Rich foods that are easily available to you. Other foods that are beneficial in weight loss are honey, spinach, black tea, carrots, and grapes.