Whether your goal is to lose a few pounds or a lot, one thing remains constant – Lifestyle choices. Your lifestyle choices determine a great deal about your body. A healthy body in turn helps in keeping your life better. Weight loss can be done without medication or rigid diet plans. You just need to alter some of your habits and inculcate others in their place.
Although, many people focus all their energy on deciding food and workout regime. However, your drinks play an equally crucial role in your weight loss journey. That is why I have curated a list of drinking habits to avoid which will aid in your weight loss.
5 Drinking Habits To Avoid
Here’s what works if you are planning to lose some extra pounds:
- Not drinking enough water: Water has immense benefits. It removes toxins from your body, works as a natural appetite suppressant, increases calorie burning, and helps in workouts. Therefore, it is important to not neglect the intake of a sufficient amount of water.
- Sugary tea: It is a well-known fact that tea helps people aiming for weight loss. Be it green tea or black tea, or any herbal tea- it is healthy. But beware of the sweetened tea available in the market. It can do more harm than good. The added preservatives and unnatural sweeteners are not advisable in your weight loss journey.
- Packed fruit juices: Fruit juices are a healthy addition to our meals. They are packed with nutrition and fiber only if they are freshly squeezed. The packed fruit juices are high in sugar, preservatives, and artificial additives. Therefore, it should be completely avoided.
- Alcohol Consumption: Even though happy hours in bars and restaurants might be tempting, nutritionists advise to not go with the flow when it comes to alcohol. Most alcohols are high in calories. However, gin, tequila, or whiskey contain comparatively lower amounts of calories. It is better to either avoid or have drinks in moderation.
- Energy Drinks: Even though energy drinks make big claims, it is not advisable to have them. If after a workout, you feel like having a drink to boost your energy, you can have coconut water or lemon water.
And, we know that the weight loss journey is challenging, but it is still worth it, especially when it comes to your health!