Tom Cruise is one of the most popular actors in Hollywood known for both his looks and versatile acting skills. His full name is Thomas Cruise Mapother IV. Cruise had a passion for acting since he was a kid. He was destined to be a superstar. One of the highest-paid actors in Hollywood and the winner of three Golden Globe Awards and three nominations for the Academy Award.
Tom Cruise Biography
He was born on July 3 , 1962 in Syracuse, New York. Emerged as one of the most influential and popular actors in the 1980s. Cruise was so much interested in High School that he took up acting and debuted in 1981 in Endless Love. Tom did many supporting roles in movies like Taps (1981 ) and The Outsiders (1983). Tom Cruise’s net worth is $ 600 million. And he belong to different ethnicity German , English, Irish .
- Father – Thomas Mapother III
- Mother – Mary Lee Pfeiffer
- Wife – Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman, Katie Holmes
- Children -Suri Cruise , Connor Cruise, Isabella Jane Cruise.
- Tom Cruise Height – 5’7”
- Weight – 77 kg
- Hair Color – Dark Brown
- Eye Color – Green
- School- Robert Hopkins Public School, Ottawa Ontario, Canada, Henry Munro Middle School, Ottawa, Canada, Franciscan Seminary, Cincinnati, Ohio
- College – Not Known
- Qualification – High School Dropout
Tom Cruise Career
Cruise debuted with Endless Love in Hollywood . Before getting the main lead he did many supporting roles in various films. He’s one of the successful movies was Risky Business (1983) and gave him huge recognition. In 1986 when he did the movie Top Gun which became the highest-grossing film of the year in which he played Navy Jet Pilot.
He did varieties of challenging and different roles.. Known for his diverse roles and acting skills gave him a huge fan following and recognition. These 59 years starred in action movies, vampire movies, romantic movies, and many more genres. Even his personal life was also got as much attention as his career. Mission Impossible was one of his most successful and the sequel hit $ 547 million worldwide. Some of his hit movies are Edge of Tomorrow, Knight & Day, Magnolia, The Mummy, Oblivion, and many more.
- Advertisement -
- Favorite Food – Lobsters, Pasta, Strawberries, Flounder
- Favorite Color – Green
- Favorite Place – The Taj Mahal in India, Paris & Miami
Tom Cruise Controversy
- In 2004, he was criticized for delivering a controversial statement ” I think psychiatry should be outlawed”
- In 2005 he fell into controversy for openly criticizing actress Brooke Shields for using the drug Paxil an anti-depressant.
- In 2013, it was reported that Katie Holmes took a divorce from Tom Cruise to protect the couple’s daughter Suri from Scientology.
If you are a big fan of Tom Cruise and one to be the first one to know about his latest happening then you can follow him on various social sites like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter.
- Instagram -@tomcruise
- Facebook -Tom Cruise
- Twitter- @TomCruise