Oprah Winfrey is an American Television Personality, Actress, and Entrepreneur. She was born in 29 January 1954. She is popular for her daily talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show. One of the richest and most influential women in the United States. This 67-year-old is an inspiration for every struggling woman out there.
Oprah Winfrey Biography
She is an African American revision host and actress who was born in Kosciusko. Mississippi. She is known to surpass her competition and becoming one of the most-watched daytime show hosts on TV. Her full name is Oprah Gali Winfrey her childhood was full of difficulties. Her parents got separated very soon after she was born. Her father saved her life. Because he was very strict he provided her with good books to read, guided her. She was excellent as a student and participated in dramas and debate clubs as well.
- Father -Vernon Winfrey
- Mother – Vernita Lee
- Brother – Jeffrey Lee
- Sister – Patricia Lee Lloyd
- Oprah Winfrey Height -5’6 1/2″ in feet and inches
- Weight – 68 Kg
- Hair Color -Black
- Eye Color – Black
- School – Nicolet High School, Wisconsin USA, East Literature Magnet School, Nashville
- College – Tennessee State University
- Qualification – Degree in Communication
Oprah Winfrey Career
She said that her grandmother encouraged her career when she was a kid. Her career began in 1983 when she moved to Chicago to host a low-rated morning talk show. AM Chicago was the name of the show which became the highest-rated Chicago talk show. In 1984 she got her own show by the name Her Show which was earlier named At the Movies. The show became the number one talk host show. In 2002 Oprah started her own magazine by the name O Magazine which became the most successful startup magazine. January 15 2008 was the year for her when she had her own network by the name Oprah Winfrey Network. Oprah Winfrey Net Worth $ 2.75 Billion.
- Favorite Food – Caramel Popcorn, Chicken Pot Pie
- Favorite Drink – Cocktail
- Favorite Books – To Kill A Mockingbird (Harper Lee)
- Hobbies – Reading, Photography, Spending time with Dogs.
Oprah Winfrey Lesser Known Facts
- She doesn’t smoke
- She was named Orpah but she was called Oprah due to her birth certificate mistake
- When she was 14 years old she was a victim of sexual abuse and gave birth to a child who died shortly
- During her teenage, she experimented with drugs including Cocaine.
- She always began her day with Yoga and Meditation.
- In her school, she was elected President of Student Council with the slogan ” Vote for the Grand Ole Oprah “
If you are a fan of this awesome Tv Host and have been following her work then you can follow her on various social media sites. Here is the detail of all her social handle sites.
Instagram – @oprah
Facebook – Oprah Winfrey
Twitter [email protected]