Who is Nutan?
Nutan was a talented and beautiful actress in the 90s Bollywood industry. Her full name was Nutan Samarth Bahl. She debuted in the film industry as a child artist. in 1950. Her debut movie was ‘Hamari Beti”, She has worked in more than 70+ movies. She was an iconic film star. Initially, she was not very successful so her mother sends her to Switzerland for further studies. She was born and brought up in a filmy background.
Her full name was Nutan Samarth Bahl, popularly known by Nutan. She is an actress, Lyricist, and singer. She was born in a Hindu family and was famous for her beauty and excellent acting. Her Zodiac Sign was Gemini. Nutan was born on 04 June 1936 in Bombay. Her net worth is $ 1 million (approx.).
- Height – 5.5 in feet ,1.68 m (in meter)
- Weight – 65 kg
- Eye Color – Black
- Hair color – Black
These iconic Golden Age actress debuted as a child artist in the year 1950 at the age of 14 the movie was directed by her mother Shobana. Initially she didn’t succeed but later in 1954 when she debuted again with Shabab her work was very much appreciated. Since than people have been going crazy over beauty and acting skills. She than worked as a lead in many movies like Seema in 1955, Heer in 1956 and Baarish in 1957. Her other popular movies were Anari 1959 ,Bandini 1960 ,Khhandan 1966 and many more the list is never ending .
- Father – Mr. Kumarsen Samarth a filmmaker
- Mother – Shobana Samarth an actress
- Brother- Jaideep Samarth
- Sister – Tanuja Mukherjee and Chatura
- Husband – Mr. Rajnish Bahl
- Son – Mohnish Bahl
- School – St. Joseph’s Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra
- College -La Chatelaine School, Switzerland
Nutan was born into a very happy and wealthy family. Both of her parents were part of the film industry, her father Mr. Kumarsen was a filmmaker and her mother Shobana was an actress. Her carrier has a kick start but eventually didn’t go well so she went to complete her studies in Switzerland where she enjoyed studying and has a normal student life away from the glamorous Bollywood industry. She again debuted in 1954 which gave a kick start to her carrier and since then she didn’t look back. Nutan worked in more than 70 movies in the Golden Era of Bollywood. Later when she was at the peak of her carrier and success she got married Lieutenant commander Mr. Rajnish Bahl. On October 11 1959 they officially got married. She died at the age of 54 due to breast cancer.
Awards & Achievement
- In 1974 – She was awarded Padma Shri’
- In 1957 – Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for the Film ‘Seema’
- In 1960 -Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for the Film ‘Sujata’
- in 1964- Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for the Film ‘Bandini’
- In 1968 -Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for the Film ‘Milan’
- In 1979 -Filmfare Award for the Best Actress for the Film ‘Main Tulsi Teri Aangan ki’
- In 1986 -Filmfare Award for the Supporting Actress for the Film ‘Meri Jung’