Kapil Sharma is one of the most sought-after comedians in India. He was born and raised in Amritsar and started doing acts while he was studying in Hindu College. He didn’t even complete his graduation and came to Mumbai to try his luck. He was active with theatre and as soon as he got to know about the show The Great Indian Laughter Challenge, he participated in the 3rd season of the show. He won that season and the rest is history.
In addition to performing, he has also hosted Chhote Miyan, Jhalak Dikhlaa Ja Season 6, and various award shows. He created history after he won 6 consecutive seasons of Comedy Circus between 2010 to 2013. His popularity was sky high and that was enough for Sony TV to rope him in for a comedy talk show ‘Comedy Nights With Kapil’.
The show became the highest-rated show and the initial contract was for 1 season but it was extended to 3 seasons later. After a break, the show again went on air for the next season and is still continued and going strong. He has also endorsed various products like OLX, Paisa Bazaar, Micromax Canvas, and TVS Tyres. He has also been surrounded by controversy but has remained unaffected by all the negative news that is surrounded by him.
In addition, to talk shows, Kapil Sharma has also starred in a couple of films. He made his acting debut through Abbas-Mustan’s Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon in 2015. The film was a hit and he won the best debutant award at various award functions. A couple of years later, he starred in Rajiv Dhingra’s Firangi which boomed at the box office. Besides acting, he also produced the Punjabi film Son of Manjeet Singh. He has last seen in the Hindi film It’s My Life in 2020 where he played a petty role.
Kapil Sharma Family
Kapil Sharma was born to the late Jeetendra Kumar Punj and Janak Rani. He has a sister named Pooja Pawan Devgan, and a brother named Ashok Kumar Sharma. He is married to Ginni Chatrath since 2018 and together the couple has a daughter named Anayra Sharma and a son named Trishaan Sharma.
Kapil Sharma Unknown Facts
- He spent the winning amount of 10 lakh from The Great Indian Laughter Challenge on her Sister’s Wedding.
- He initially wanted to become a singer but he joined the theatre in 2005 and switched his mojo from singing to performing.
- He joined theatre just to get close to his crush in college as he was not serious about doing theatre work.
- He is also known for his social work and garnered a lot of limelight after he adopted an abandoned Labrador named Zanjeer in 2014.
- He was 3rd on the list of most admired personalities from India in 2015.
- He was the center of the news when he accused a BMC worker of asking him for a bribe in 2016.
- He mostly used to perform as a Policeman and he said he has learned that style from his father who was a constable in Punjab Police.