Gabriella Demetriades is a South African Greek model, actress, fashion designer and entrepreneur. She started her career at the age of 16 as an model. And she worked with many different fashion brands.
She was born on 8 April,1987 in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape. Born in a Christian Greek family. Gabriella belongs to a textiles and haberdashery business family. She grew up with her brother Agisilaos Demetriades. In 2009 she came into limelight after she participated in Miss Indian Premier League (IPL) Bollywood in South Africa, where she stood third. These opened her door to glamour world and she got many different opportunity for modeling. Later she moved to India to become a model. In 2010, she was listed as #6 sexiest FHM 100 sexiest women in the world.
|Height||5 ‘7″ in feet and inches|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
She always wanted to become a model. So she did her graduation from the prestigious University of South Africa at Sunnyside, South Africa. After graduating she did styling in Cape town.Later, she got spotted by a renowned booker at a Cape Town restaurant, who sent her to India for her first overseas modelling contract, where she lived for 5 years.In 2012, she became an entrepreneur by starting a fashion label called Deme. In 2014, she made her Bollywood debut with the film Sonali Cable, starring Rhea Chakraborty and Ali Fazal.
In 2010, there was a cold war between the then IPL boss Lalit Modi and politician Shashi Tharoor. The alleged reason behind this was Gabriella; as Modi had asked Tharoor to deny her visa but Tharoor didn’t accept her request
Lesser known facts
- She is very fond of dogs.
- Gabriella is a sports enthusiast and loves to play football
- She loves to eat Pizza, Pasta, and Sushi.
- Her favourite Hollywood film is the drama film Crash (2004).
- She is a voracious reader and her favourite book is The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.
- In addition she also likes Tom Robbins’ books.
- She use to dine at Wafu, La Parada, Five Flies in Cape Town, Nido, Suzette, Kofuku, Pali village café, Olive in Mumbai and Bukhara in New Delhi.
- Her all-time favourite city is Cape Town.
- She likes a wide range of music and loves listening to The Rolling Stones, Kings of Leon, Bon Iver, The National, Muse, The Black Keys , Bob Dylan, Coldplay, Van Morrison
- She loves collecting boots.