Diljit Dosanjh is an Indian singer-songwriter, actor, and television presenter. He was born on 6 January 1984. He is 37 as of 2021. He was born in Dosanjh Kalan, Jalandhar district Punjab, India. He works in Punjabi and Hindi cinema. He is categorized as one of the leading artists in the Indian music industry. Daljit is from a humble Punjabi family. His father worked as a bus driver in Punjab Roadways and earned around Rs. 5,000 a month back in the days. Diljit love music from a very young age as he started performing at gurudwaras to fulfill his singing desires. He could only give his first stage performance only because he had to engage the audience as Master Saleem reached late for one of his shows.
- High school diploma
- Height: 5’ 9”
- Hair Colour: Black
- Eye Colour: Black
- Body Measurements: Chest 40″, Waist 30″, Biceps 14″
- Father: Balbir Singh Dosanjhhis
- Mother: Sukhwinder Kaur
- Brother: Manjeet Singh.
- Sister: unknown
- Wife: Sandeep Kaur
- Son: unknown
Diljit made his singing debut in 2002 with the album “Ishq Da Uda Ada. He launched his album “Dil.” February 2011, he made his acting debut with the film “The Lion of Punjab.”Although the fun wasn’t that much of a hit, his song “Lak 28 Kudi Da” from the film, which also featured ‘Yo Yo Honey Singh,’ was a big hit. Diljit launched his first single “Nachdi De” featuring Miss Pooja in 2009. In 2013, he received his singing breakthrough with the song “Proper Patola” featuring Badshah. He did various Punjabi films like “Jatt and Juliet,” “Jatt & Juliet 2,” “Punjab 1984, “Sardaarji,” “Ambarsariya,” and “Super Singh.” Dosanjh made his Bollywood acting debut with the film “Udta Punjab.” In 2018, he did a film “Soorma” in which he played the role of the famous International hockey player “Sandeep Singh. Diljit has also hosted the TV show “Awaaz Punjab Di. He is also a philanthropist. He founded the “Saanjh Foundation” on his 30th birthday (2013), which aims to help underprivileged children and senior citizens.
- Diljit had to face lots of criticism for his songs. As there were some Punjabi women who raised their voices against the songs of Diljit Dosanjh, Yo Yo Honey Singh, and Jazzy B. The reason for this outrage was, they considered the songs to be vulgar and anti-cultural.
- In December 2012, Diljit’s residence in Ludhiana was raided by a team of the Income Tax Department.
- In December 2020, during the farmers’ protest in Delhi against the central government’s newly passed farmer’s bills. He had a war of words on Twitter with Kangana Ranaut. Kangana shared a post on her Twitter account in which she mistakenly identified an old woman from Punjab as Bilkis Bano.
- PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best Folk Pop Album for the album “The Next Level” (2010)
- PTC Punjabi Film Award for Most Popular Song of the Year for the song “Lak 28 Kudi Da” (2010)
- PTC Punjabi Music Award for Best Bhangra Song of the Year & Best Pop Vocalist Male for the song “Kharku” (2013)
- Punjabi International Film Academy Award for Best Actor for the film “Jihne Mera Dil Luteya” (2012)
- Song of the Year for Non-Film for the song “Patiala Peg” (2015)
- PTC Punjabi Film Award for Most Popular Song of the Year for the song “Veervaar” (2016)
- Filmfare Award for Best Debut Actor Male for the film “Udta Punjab” (2017)
Estimated around Rs. 170 crore. He gets paid around Rs. 4 crores per film.
- Diljit loves dancing in his leisure time.
- He has a bungalow in Dugri Phase-II, Ludhiana.
- He was initially named “Daljit” but he changed it to “Diljit” on the recommendation of Rajinder Singh, his record producer.