Having a government job is a matter of prestige in India. Every year, lakhs of students give various government exams in order to earn a place in government jobs. As India is a populous country, there is a limited number of seats available in the government sectors. As a result, jobs are hard to get. However, people still spend years of their time pursuing these jobs. Due to the diverse benefits, it provides along with the security, it is a great opportunity for young people to build a stable career.
The top 5 reasons why you should pursue a job in the government sector are:
- Provision of Pension
- Job Security
- Less work-related Stress
- Flexible Working Hours
- More Holidays and Leaves
Highest- Paying Government Jobs in India:
Some of the highest-paying government jobs are listed below. Freshers can apply for them. They are not in any order. Check out the list below:
- IAS and IPS: An IAS or IPS officer get an opportunity to work in diverse fields. They even get a chance at policy-making in India. It is one of the most sought-after jobs in India.
Basic average salary: Rs. 50,000 per month.
Examination: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam
- Indian Foreign Services: Diplomats selected through Indian Foreign Services represent the country in foreign countries.
Basic average salary: Rs. 60,000 per month + Accommodation at world’s best cities
Examination: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) exam.
- Scientists in ISRO and DRDO: Young engineering graduates with a keen interest in research can apply for this exam. It is a prestigious job to work as a scientist in these organizations.
Basic salary: Rs. 60000 per month.
Examination: ISRO exam.
- Defense Services: A career in defense services is for those who are adventurous.
The basic average salary of a Lieutenant: Rs. 68,000 per month.
Examination: NDA, CDS, AFCAT
- Bank PO (Probationary Officer): It is one of the highest entry-level designations in the banking sector. This job offers many benefits including travel allowances, rent, and medical remuneration.
Basic salary: Rs. 27,620 per month.
Examination: PO exams such as SBI PO and IBPS PO examination
- Government Doctor: If you are interested in the medical field, government doctor is a good field to opt for.
Basic average salary: Rs. 91,930 per month.
Examination: Medical UPSC.
- State Services Commission: There are various jobs in state governments. Therefore, there are different exams for various exams.
Basic average salary: Rs. 45,000-50,000
Examination: SDM, ETO, DSP
- Lecturers in Government Colleges: Any person interested in the field of academics can pursue a career as a government university professor. It is a rewarding career with many benefits.
Basic average salary: Rs. 90,620 per month.
Examination: NET, CSIR-NET, SLET, and GATE