Athiya Shetty is an Indian actress. She is the daughter of the Bollywood actor, Suniel Shetty.
Athiya Shetty was born on 5 November 1992 (age 26 years; as in 2018) in Mumbai. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio. She was educated at the Cathedral and John Connon School and then, shifted to the American School of Bombay. Thereafter, she moved to New York Film Academy to pursue her graduation in filmmaking & liberal arts.
Athiya actively participated in co-curricular activities in her school days. She used to play sports like football, basketball, and badminton and also was a part of the swim team. She was good at singing and dancing and was involved in dramatics and her school choir.
Shetty was inclined towards acting since her childhood and she often used to take her mother’s sarong, drape it like a saree, and mimic the heroines in the privacy of her room. Athiya worked as an interior designer, fashion designer, chef, architect, and waitress in a New York cafe before becoming an actress.
|Height (approx)||5′ 10″|
|Weight (approx)||55 kg|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
Family, Caste & Boyfriend
Athiya Shetty belongs to a Hindu Family. She hails from the Bunt Community on her father’s side and she has a Punjabi Hindu and Gujarati Muslim descent from her mother’s side. Her father, Suniel Shetty, is an actor. Her mother, Mana Shetty, is a fashion designer and a social worker.
Athiya has a younger brother, Ahan Shetty, who is an actor. Athiya was rumored to be in a relationship with Aditya Bhandari, the son of Vanita Bhandari, Director of DBS Business Centre for three years. However, the couple parted ways in February 2018. Shetty was also reported to be dating the Hollywood rapper, Drake.
Athiya made her acting debut in 2015 with the Bollywood film “Hero” in which she played the role of ‘Radha Mathur.’ The film remained average at the box office. Next, she featured in the romantic comedy “Mubarakan” opposite Anil Kapoor and Arjun Kapoor.
The film was a huge hit and earned her positive reviews for her acting skills. In 2018, she made a dance performance on the song ‘Tere Naal Nachna’ in the film “Nawabzaade.” In the same year, Athiya bagged the role of ‘Anita’ in the Bollywood film “Motichoor Chaknachoor” which also stars Nawazuddin Siddiqui.
In addition to acting, she has remained the brand ambassador of the Indian franchise of Maybelline New York. Athiya has also featured on the covers of various magazines including “Cosmopolitan,” “Femina,” “Verve,” “Vogue,” and “Hello.”
- Vogue Beauty Award in the category “Face To Watch Out For.” (2015)
- Stardust Award for “Best Jodi of The Year” along with Sooraj Pancholi (2015)
- Dada Saheb Phalke Excellence Award for “Best Debut (Female)” (2015)
- Producers Guild Film Award for Most Promising Debut Jodi shared with Sooraj Pancholi (2016)
- International Indian Film Academy Award for Hottest Pair along with Sooraj Pancholi (2016)
Athiya Shetty owns a caviar shade Jaguar XF and a Mercedes S Class SUV
- Actors: Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan
- Actresses: Madhuri Dixit, Kajol
- Food: Rajma Rice, Chicken Fried Rice
- Desserts: Cinnamon apple pie, Gulab Jamun
- Beverage: Coca Cola
- Film: Dil Toh Paagal Hai
- Colour: White
- Style Icon: Kendall Jenner
- Outfit: Boyfriend Jeans, White Shirts
- Accessories: Watch, Bracelet
- Netflix Show: 13 Reasons Why
- Holiday Destination: London
- Restaurant: Bastian in Mumbai
- App: Instagram
- Brands: Givenchy, Anamika Khanna, Ahilya, Off-White, Top Shop, Zara
- Her hobbies include dancing, playing with pets, and doing photography.
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- Athiya loves dancing and is trained in Kathak.
- She has also learned many other professional dance forms from Remo‘s dance academy in Mumbai.
- She is a big movie buff and has watched every single Bollywood film in her childhood.
- Shetty is an ardent follower of Sai Baba.
- Athiya told during an interview that she is very superstitious.
- She loves dogs and has a pet pug named Squish.
- Athiya Shetty used to study in the same school as Tiger Shroff, Krishna Shroff, and Shraddha Kapoor. Tiger and Shraddha were two years seniors to her.
- She told during an interview that Tiger Shroff used to bully her in her childhood while she was best friends with his sister Krishna.
- Athiya revealed in an interview that Salman Khan‘s sister Alvira saw her while she was working out in Yasmin Karachiwala’s gym. Initially, she was not aware that who Athiya was but she found that out and later, Shetty was offered a lead role in the film ‘Hero.’